Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My tears

The Obama's evening today presents another challenge to me, since morning i have been asking myself if i will cry again or not. It always happens to me that when there are big impressive occassions like Obama's day i usually shed tears. When i watched a movie in India by Aamir Khan, Taare zameen par, i could not hold back my tears, the performance by the young boy in this movie makes you shed litres of tears. Again last month i was home in Malawi, on one afternoon, i was invited to be the guest of honour when young boys and girls in one of the programmes run by St John of God Community services-Umoza childrens programme, a programme for street children in the town of Mzuzu- orgainzed a cultural afternoon in which they were showcasing different dances to their parents and invited members of the community. On this day when i saw how the young boys danced ingoma, my tears drifted down my cheeks and i thought ohh again.

Barak Obama's day presents to me one of those moments in which i will not hold back my tears, Obama to me is a symbol that all men can actualize beyond the limits that are structurally and socially constructed to oppress and cripple the growth in all humanity. He shows to all of us that no matter what challenges, it is possible to achieve our higher goals if we work towards them, go my man we are with you all the way, your life presents to us in the social work profession that explanatory angle into the possibilities that lie in all men. Bravo Obama! Bravo America!

1 comment:

A Khudori Soleh said...

nice blog. salam from Khudori